A Song of Ice and Fire

andeloke

Chieftain
A Song of Ice and Fire

This is a contant war scenario for all civ players found of fighting games. You do not have to know the books in order to play. But for all fans of George R.R. Martin this should be great fun.

The scenario is set in the beginning of the "Clash of Kings", where most of westeroos are at war with each other.

There are 11 playable civilizations. You can play as any of the 7 original Kingdoms, the Tullys, Stannis on Dragonstone, the Wildlings and even as the Others. The only minor civ is the nights watch, as it would seem unatural for the wall to conquer the world...

Allready from the start there are several battles to be fought. Stannis have surrounded Storms End, the Lannisters are set up against the Tullys and Starks in the riverlands and the Greyjoys have landed in the North.

There should be possible to win with all civs, but playing as the wildlings or the Others might prove difficult. And playing as the Starks or Highgarden might be the easiest.

There are several new units and technologies and all civs have a unique unit, such as Direwolfs for the Starks, wildlings for the Lannisters and Rainbow Guards for Renly. There are also 4 different levels of knights and two different levels of the longbowman, pikeman and trebuchet, in addition to plenty of different mele units.

This scenario requires Civilization Warlords.

I have also added some new technologies and loads of new units to this scenario

Special features: A good scenario for those who likes a fighting game. all of the civilizations are at contant war with 2 to 8 civilizations.

Good playing, and remember: Winter is coming

A Song of Ice and Fire 1.1
New updates!
After the discussions in this forum I have now made a new version.
Updates:
Name changes: The civs are no longer lead by specific leaders, but by title. Adjectives also corrected
Balance changed. The Arryns, Tyrells and the Martell slightly reduced, Greyjoys, Wildlings and Dragonstone slightly better.
No more barbarians, to help the wildlings.
Ny civ: Beric Dondarion is instead added as leader of the outlaws. You can play as Beric Dondarion but his special (and only) unit, the outlaw, can not occupy settlements, and it therefore impossible to win as they will never get more forces.
The cost of building new roads is tippled.
New flags (thanks to black rose)
Special leader units for each faction
Some spelling mistakes corrected
Map slightly altered: more forest, more hills.

Attachments

• map overview.JPG
    map overview.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 9,234
  • Stark Direwolfs around Harrendal.JPG
    Stark Direwolfs around Harrendal.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 6,985
  • The wall.JPG
    The wall.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 6,040
  • A Song of Ice and Fire.zip
    184.1 KB · Views: 3,319
Love the books! And I appreciate the effort.

But with all due respect, you need to get "custom" unit graphics for this.

Plus why do the Lannisters have Wildlings as their UU? And why dire wolves for Stark (the only Stark with a Dire wolf is a bastard who lives on the Wall)?

And the always war is highly inaccurate. One of the main components of the books (and what makes them so intriguing) is the political aspect. The treachery and forming and reforming of alliances should be a key aspect of the scenario.

I agree on the need for costum units graphics for this. But I do not know how to make´em. so if anyone feel up for a challenge, go ahead. And to the other coments. This scenario is only for the clash of kings book, not the whole series. And in that book, the mountain people/wildlings Tyrion reqruited are quite important, and there is more than one direwolf in play...
And to the always war thing. I did try to remove some of the always war, but even with the agressive AI option, the AI always went for peace at the first possible oportunity, which results in a quite boring scenario.
If anyone has any good solutions or other suggestions, please...

And to the always war thing. I did try to remove some of the always war, but even with the agressive AI option, the AI always went for peace at the first possible oportunity, which results in a quite boring scenario.
If anyone has any good solutions or other suggestions, please...

You perhaps should change in the XML the modifiers of diplomacy for each leader? Make Lannister and Starks be furious with each other from the start for example, and so on?

Im also reading A CLash of Kings right now, sound interesting this scenario, I will give a look!

Tried that as well.. But still with some funny results. Rivertun joining the Lannisters and attacking Starks early on, even if they are 100 friendly towards each others and so on... So it is an possibility. But with some funny results, and a lot less fighting... As everyone else stops fighting, it becomes a lot easier to win the game as you can take them out one by one. Always war proves to be the most challenging. But I am still looking at options...

Is there any way to have two civs always at war with each other, but "normal" relations with everyone else?

Andeloke I just wanted to thank you for this. I have not played CivIV in a long time. I did not own the expansion pack. Back in the day I wanted to create this mod and several others very much like it. I have not played it yet as I'm still downloading the patch but I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow and try to give you some feedback and what not. I'll also probably ask to use your work to make a scenario for where we stand in the series right now and will likely end up in the future.

Just wanted to also say that I registered on the forums for the first time just to post this. I appreciate you doing what I wanted to do but never had the time to do it from creation.

Hi Andeloke,

Nice work! I did something like this myself for CIV3 in days of yore, but it was too much work for me to finish on my own. So when I got Warlords not so long ago, I was glad to find that someone is working on this.

I realy like your efforts so far (the map and city/unit placement), but I think there is still some room for improvement. So I thought maybe you, me, Jon Snow and anyone who is interested could help eachother out.

And since words are wind, I made this direwolf banner for house stark to show that I'm serious. I think the banners are very important to get that Westerosy feel. To use it you will have to change the team colors, but that might be a good idea anyway. How about these:

*colorlist removed see post further down*

So let me know what you think. If you like the banner, I could start to make the others. We just have to make a list in order of importance.

Cheers,
Peter

*image and file removed see post further down*

PS This banner could also be very cool for a scenario in which Jon reclaims the North. What could be better than a white wolf on a black field.

this looks great. And I agree that there could be room for several improvements. And I am happy for any help you or anyone else can offer. The banners look great. I was thinking about it myself, but I didn´t know how to make them, and I also ran out of time. I don´t have too much free time at the moment, but should have some free time over the hollidays.
Hopefully this can result in an improved scenario, as I feel that it is still a bit unfinished. And it if is a success, further scenarios could be fun.
I was also working on making the Wildlings the barbarians, but I seem to have some problems making that work properly. I can make them into Barbarians, but it is impossible to controll the movements of the barbarians which "pop up" around in Westeroos. I have to figure something out on this one, since the Wildlings are not so much a treath to the north as they should be, as they have to defend against barbarians.

Lets make a scenario...

About the banners and colors. Because this kind of banner only uses 2 colors I had to use some artistic freedom with some of the banners (Stannis, Martell and Tully), but I think it turned out alright. With these color combination two primary colors are shared. Black (Greyjoy and the Night's Watch) and Dark Yellow (Renly and Stannis Baratheon). I don't realy know if this will give any problems. But if so we could maybe use the faded grey's of the Night's Watch in stead of black or use a very dark blue or green for the Greyjoy's. About the yellow I'm not so sure, any idea's.

With the download also come two .xml files that define the colors for each civ so the banners will look like the screenshot.

I will probably also make a banner for house Targaryen, but are any others needed? Requests will be taken into consideration.

Let me know what you think,
Peter

so far it looks great. Unfortunatly I don´t think I´ll have time to have a look at it untill this weekend. Got lots to do at work at the moment. But it looks great.
As for further scenarios Targaryen is the only one I can think of. Not very likely that it will be any need for the free cities or anyone else from the mainland I think. Might just include more work and bigger scenarios than we can handle. the only one I can think of would be a banner for Beric and Thoros or the bloody murmers, but that will depend of which scenario we choose to make later on. For this one I think the ones we have a sufficient. But I´ll have a closer look at them during christmas

hmm i cant find the scenario in the scenario choooser i installed it in the mygames>sid mieiers>blah blah>warlords>saves> worldbuilder directory

Hello again,

One of the things I thought was still missing was the Wall. So I made this extra improvement. I use it with the same function as a fort but with a higher defense bonus and unbuildable (is that a word) by workers. What you see is a row of wall improvements. Each part consists of two towers and a wall in between. A made the towers line up exactly so that it looks like one large structure.

The model is based on the chinese great wall, the skin is home made and the lighting is borrowed from the mobile artillery.

By separating the wall from the castles of the Night's Watch, the watch can defend well against the wildlings but not against the kings of westeros just like in the books.

I'm still thinking about ways to improve this, so any comments are welcome.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/23768/Wall.zip

Top Bottom